Monday, April 7, 2008

Banking on an offer.

After a virtual avalanche of rejection lasting for well over six months, I believe that I will finally receive a job offer tomorrow. It has been a very frustrating and eye-opening experience. Somewhere around 250 resumes submitted resulting in around 20 interviews and now, hopefully, an offer. I wish I could say that I didn’t give up, but I can’t. I was always able to get re-motivated though.

I never really saw myself working for a bank, but I’m excited about the opportunity. I think I will enjoy it and I think that I can be successful. It will take a few years to get back to where I was before I decided to go back to school, but I don’t regret the decision.

I’ll be waiting by the phone…

“The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.”
- Robert Frost

No comments: